Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
chuckcar chuckcar is offline

Default Where can I get an old style non CARB 5-gal gasoline can?

aemeijers wrote in
:

Steve W. wrote:
Brent wrote:

If you do that, don't forget to hit the tops with a spray can of red
paint before you fill them the first time, lest some busybody at the
gas station get on you for using the wrong can.

Yeah, the same kid that asked what I needed oil for when I was looking
for it. He didn't know lawnmowers use 10w30.

(When did red become 'required', anyway? Back in stone age, we had
several pretty navy blue Belknap 5-gallon cans, with a seperate tiny
lid for venting. No keeper chains, though, so you always had to be
careful where you set it down.)

It's so they can sell more gas due to the can heating up and forcing the
gas out the spout when someone forgets to a) take the pour tube out and or
b) leaves the vent hole closed.

I have a yellow one that I've had for years and use for waste fluids.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )