Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Murray lawnmowers

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
I needed a lawnmower. I was at a yard sale, and they had a new Murray 21
inch self propelled for twenty bucks. It wouldn't start. Everything
looked new, so I bought it.

For 20 bucks, you got a good deal. They are a mediocre mass market mower
that will last a few years. I'd not buy one for $200, but certainly would
for $20 and an hour of tinkering to make it run.

My present mower is a John Deere with a Kawasaki engine. After 10+ years
it still starts on the first pull even after sitting for the winter. It
was much more than $20 though.

I think it would be worth putting in a huge yard just to get one of those
Husqvarna ZTR riding mowers that look like an orange Ferarri. Zoom, zoom.

Steve

Visit my site at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

All errors, brain farts, misspelled words intentional because this computer
is set to Spelchek French, and I can't get it to do any different.