Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default Highway robbery...

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:03:26 -0500, Kevin Miller wrote
(in message ications):

I've had a 3m Airmate for a number of years now, and my battery is
pretty much at the end of it's useful life. I pulled up the battery in
google and the price ranges from around $95 to over $175 or more.
Krappin' Krishna! I'm on my 2nd battery and some years ago I tore open
my first pack and it consists of three D-cell nicads wired together.
Three D-cells. It boggles the mind.

Worst part is, there's a metal strap that connects them all that is sort
of stapled into the top and bottom. It would be *so* easy to make that
pack such that you can pop the lid, and drop in three new batteries.
But nope. Not a chance.

Chalk it up to corporate greed or lawyers being involved. Or both.

Wonder if Batteries Plus could renew my old pack for a reasonable cost?

Sorry for the OT rant, but this urks me. Besides, we haven't had any
decent COC activity in ages...

...Kevin

hokey smokes! These batteries just run a blower fer pete's sake! Make up your
own battery pack, for sure! I'd do it in a heartbeat! It is likely the case
that you have some kind of charger associated with this outfit, that is made
for charging this pre-connected pack. Well, it is a simple matter to get a
ni-cd charger that accepts single cells. connecting the cells together for
your respirator should be a straightforward task. uffda. tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.