Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Leaking chimney, but where is the water getting in? (see pics)

On Jun 14, 9:08*am, Jim K wrote:
On Jun 13, 11:25 pm, Dave Starling wrote:

On Jun 13, 9:52 pm, tony sayer wrote: What a bodge job this looks. I'd be inclined to put a complaint *in
writing and recorded delivery and get an independent inspection.

Do you really want this lot back again?..

I strongly agree. I would tell them to hold whilst you get an
independent surveyor to list all the defects and the remedial work/
cost.

despite my usual distrust of profeshunals (esp surveyors) I think
dave's surveyor suggestion could be well "on the money" on this one -
too many things going on up there for comfort...

Why don't we all send two halfpennies in and pay for
Jim K

to turn up and see what everyone else can see, then report back?

I'd love to get him on a roof.
But not for long.