Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default AZEC is pretty darn strong!

On Jun 14, 12:12*pm, dpb wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
I wanted to see how strong AZEC is since ...

The AZEC never showed any signs of "splitting" nor did it appear that
the threads pulled out of the material at all.

"Azek" w/ a "k" instead of a "c" but that's a minor nit...

It is strong enough and in short sections as you used it won't show up
but as construction material it is more limber than wood of same
dimensional thickness and so flexes more. *It also tends to relax over a
span w/ time.

Those characteristics won't be of significance in the given application,
just an observation.

--

"Azek" w/ a "k" instead of a "c"

Yeah, I knew that. Brain fart.

And I agree that the flex shouldn't be an issue, especially since I
will be screwing the edge of one piece to the face of another, in
shorter than 3' sections.

If I put a screw between each bat receptacle, and maybe even add some
AZEC ;-) adhesive, the rack should be plenty rigid.

Other opinions are certainly welcome.