Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Ladder programs for PLCs

Please remember that if you use solid state relays to drive inductive loads, always use R/C filters across AC loads and back EMF
diodes across DC driven loads.
Steve

"Buerste" wrote in message ...

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message ...
PLCs only make sense when you have sequential events that are dependent on previous events, like motion fault detection. From
what I have gleaned from previous postings is that your equipment is mechanically timed. In my humble opinion I would
concentrate on using electronic trigger technology, solid state relays and motion validation logic (feedback). The value of
doing this is first reliability and secondly immediate system fault identification. You should be able to use a common family
of components for all your solutions.
Steve

Thanks! I have different kinds of equipment for different families of products. Most of my latest posts have been for
mechanical equipment. The other equipment I'm addressing is all hydraulic and pneumatic actuated. The relay logic controls the
valves.