Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Bill Bill is offline

Default For those with Car ABS and ECU problems;!..

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
But further articles indicate that there is a growing market for
electronic assembly replacements on cars which I suppose is simply
market driven by the demand and the silly prices for new manufacturer
replacements and the growing use of electronic assemblies. It seems for
instance that the firm I referred to spend as much time repairing
electronic dashboards as much else!...

Snag comes in with multi layer PCBs. Makes many repairs near impossible.

I once had a Motorola portable radio with a burn up on a 3 layer PCB.
We were so desperate for the set that I drilled out a 10mm hole through
the damage and with the aid of the exceedingly good track layout in the
manual linked every track across the hole. It worked!! Trouble was it
got nicked on the next job it went out on :-(

--
Bill