Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default OT Incoming phone service only

Tony wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

And even if the TT pad is disabled, you can still dial by using the
hook lever as a telegraph key....

Used to be able to get the Operator that way, at least. Now you
can't even get the Operator by hitting '0'.

And they call it progress.

Jon

Here is what gets me. It's hard to keep up with what area codes need
to be dialed (ok, toned). If I get a recording telling me not to use
the area code, they could have just as easily made it ring through
either way!

Beginning this year they made us add the area code for a *local* call!
Dialing my neighbor across the street I now have to punch in 10 digits.

*******s.

Jon