Mark & Juanita

Default OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ

In article ,
otforme says...
Ron Magen notes:

It's been so long, I can't remember the last time I had a cigarette. But
every time one of those 'Stop Smoking' spots come on . . . the feeling comes
into my head to go out and buy a pack of 'Luckies'. Joanne says it's just
because I'm, 'Contrary & Ornery'.

Could be. I always swore I'd never be one of those PITA ex-smokers. I've got a
couple friends like that, they panic and sweep their hands through the air when
someone lights up near them, and so on. But the longer I'm off the butts, the
less I can stand being around them, and the more I feel they are ruinous, both
fiscally and physically.

So I get to be a PITA. But I still abhor those damned anti-smoking crusade ads.

I never smoked and was never tempted to do so, but everytime I hear
one of those blasted PSA anti-smoking ads, the urge to go out and buy a
carton of cigarettes sweeps over me. I guess it's because those ads are
a) stupid, b) condescending, and c) take the idea of government as
caregiver in the role of "mother knows best" to the extreme.