Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Abby Sunderland - Uh oh...

Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:30:40 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Define "forbidden area".

Off designated slopes.

s/slopes/trails/

Areas where the ski patrol doesn't.

I don't think so.

I *know* you're wrong.

You know no such thing. Show me the law that prohibits skiing in
areas other than ski resorts.

On the private property of a ski resort - sure/maybe.
That's different.

No, it's not different. You ski off the trails and require public
agency assistance, chances are you *will* be sent a bill. It's done
all the time in the NE. I'm sure the West is no different.

Off the trails??? I'm talking about non-ski resort areas. There is
no requirement anywhere - in the NE or anywhere else, to ski only in
ski resorts. I live in the NE and I do know that it's pure bull to
state that the chances are you will be sent a bill for rescue
efforts. Maybe in some areas, but certainly not to the extent to
say that you will most likely. You see - I know - I have performed
those services. What have you done to make you so confident?

Not so much on open land or land that is not owned by a
resort. There is nothing stopping or even forbidden about skiing
on land that is just open land - not related to a resort. That
would be a closer analogy to open water boating.

Yes, even in non-resort areas the state or local emergency groups
will send you a bill. Many public areas are off-limits to everyone.
Always. Get caught in there and you'll be paying for more than a
rescue.

Pure bull. That is pure unadulterated bull. Maybe in some areas
that is true, but that is far from the norm. You might need to
travel outside of your own local area.

Northwest.

Don't get what you're trying to say here Lobby. I know the north west does
not ban the use of open land for activities. There is wide open
snowmobiling, skiing, hiking, swimming, and all sorts of activities. They
are not outright illegal simply because they are not conducted within the
confines of an established buisiness.

--

-Mike-