Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Abby Sunderland - Uh oh...

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:30:40 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Define "forbidden area".

Off designated slopes.

s/slopes/trails/

Areas where the ski patrol doesn't.

I don't think so.

I *know* you're wrong.

You know no such thing. Show me the law that prohibits skiing in areas
other than ski resorts.

On the private property of a ski resort - sure/maybe.
That's different.

No, it's not different. You ski off the trails and require public
agency assistance, chances are you *will* be sent a bill. It's done
all the time in the NE. I'm sure the West is no different.

Off the trails??? I'm talking about non-ski resort areas. There is no
requirement anywhere - in the NE or anywhere else, to ski only in ski
resorts. I live in the NE and I do know that it's pure bull to state that
the chances are you will be sent a bill for rescue efforts. Maybe in some
areas, but certainly not to the extent to say that you will most likely.
You see - I know - I have performed those services. What have you done to
make you so confident?

Not so much on open land or land that is not owned by a
resort. There is nothing stopping or even forbidden about skiing on
land that is just open land - not related to a resort. That would
be a closer analogy to open water boating.

Yes, even in non-resort areas the state or local emergency groups
will send you a bill. Many public areas are off-limits to everyone.
Always. Get caught in there and you'll be paying for more than a
rescue.

Pure bull. That is pure unadulterated bull. Maybe in some areas that is
true, but that is far from the norm. You might need to travel outside of
your own local area.

Northwest.