Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default First time Sat TV Choice

In article aaoRn.19275$Ha1.19209@hurricane, John
scribeth thus

"tony sayer" wrote in message
We've had Freesat from Sky for years, it's done the job but the
recent card change means that Sky wanted another £20 for no real
benefit to us. So we have moved to Freesat, much simpler, it just
works.

Or get an ordinary Digital sat receiver and you can set that how you
want with no dealings with Sky TV at all)...

--
Tony Sayer

I want a simple turn key package that I can just order and pay for without
needing to intervene. Daughter and husband are not technical.

Yes .. presume that somewhat .. this is prolly why Freesat hasn't taken
off as much as Freeview in the UK despite Freesat offering almost UK
wide coverage but I suppose tho its associated with those Two UK avoid
like the plague things Satellite dishes and involvement with Sky TV!....
--
Tony Sayer