Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Where can I get an old style non CARB 5-gal gasoline can?

Red wrote:

AFAIK, they're required by the EPA everywhere in the USA. Along with
a fine of $150 per each non-compliant can sold by any retailer.
That's why you can't find the non-compliant ones anymore. FWIW, EPA
does not regulate the nozzle design, just the specs it must meet.
Therefore, the crappy ones we're seeing could be made much better if
the manufacturers get enough complaints.
Google EPA and portable fuel containers.

Seems like a great business opportunity - sell just the old style nozzle. They
can't tap you for selling an unapproved container. Don't even reference gas -
call it water or just liquid.