Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Red Red is offline

Default Where can I get an old style non CARB 5-gal gasoline can?

On Jun 12, 1:17*am, Brent beemdoub...@Use-Author-Supplied-
Address.invalid wrote:
Where can I get an old style non CARB compliant 5-gal gasoline can?

There must be somewhere I can get the old-style gas cans.
What is the reason for these CARB abominations anyway?

Any idea where to get the old style 5-gallon gas cans?

AFAIK, they're required by the EPA everywhere in the USA. Along with
a fine of $150 per each non-compliant can sold by any retailer.
That's why you can't find the non-compliant ones anymore. FWIW, EPA
does not regulate the nozzle design, just the specs it must meet.
Therefore, the crappy ones we're seeing could be made much better if
the manufacturers get enough complaints.
Google EPA and portable fuel containers.

Red