Posted to sci.electronics.repair
qquito qquito is offline

Default GE Cordless Phone Speaker Problem

Dear Everyone:

I have used my GE cordless phone for several years. It stopped working
suddenly a couple of days ago. The problem is as follows: When I pick
up the speaker and press the PHONE button, the red light flashes
quickly about a dozen times and, then the speaker beeps 4 times before
the red light goes off automatically. (When the phone works normally,
the red light persists and, you can proceed to dial a number.)

I first thought probably the rechargeable battery was dying, and
bought a new one from WalMart and replaced the old one with the new
one. However, the same problem persists.

Could anyone tell what the problem is and what I should do?

Thank you for reading and replying!

--Roland