Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Abby Sunderland - Uh oh...

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:13:15 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

On 6/13/2010 1:19 PM, Nova wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message

On 6/12/2010 4:29 PM, Andrew Barss wrote:

Ed wrote:
: I'm willing to share in the everyday risk we all encounter,
: but I'm not willing to pay for every daredevil that wants to set a
record.

Vey well put.

If the cost per taxpayer was unduly great I might agree with that.
But come on, half a cent?

Half a cent here, half a cent there, pretty soon I can buy dinner and
a movie ...

I'd rather see my tax dollars spent rescuing a teenager attempting to
set a would record than to pay the cost of a presidential snack:

http://americanbullmoose.com/content...send-us-a-card

So right there Barack Obama wasted about the same amount of the
taxpayers' money as it would have cost to rescue Abby Sunderland. But
that was "sporting" or something so I guess it's all right.

By implication; two wrongs make a right. Got it.