Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Abby Sunderland Rescued!

On 6/13/2010 2:27 PM, dpb wrote:
dpb wrote:

Call me cynical, but I don't think this girl would have a clue how to
even begin to do the first or have any idea how to sail w/o the
electronics to tell here where land might even be...

And, just to make it clear, no, this old wheat farmer wouldn't have a
clue, either, and ain't clamin' would've made it as far as she did, even
(but then again, woulda' known better as well).

I just don't think she's ever sailed enough w/o all the modern
appurtenances to have a even a ghost of a chance w/o 'em if more than a
short distance away from shore what more w/ in a disabled boat...

The only "modern appurtenance" she needed and didn't have was a stick of
wood.