Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Leaking chimney, but where is the water getting in? (see pics)

In article
s.com, Calum scribeth thus
I've taken a bunch more pictures, and can now see that there is
definitely lots of silicone in the gaps. I assume the silicone
sealant is specified for external use. Does it have a long life?

Well I can't say I've ever seen silicone sealant as good as what it can
be to point bricks up;!..

The most interesting pic is http://yfrog.com/j3sybj which shows a hole
with a *bit* of silicon in it.

http://yfrog.com/afn6fj
http://yfrog.com/16fj2j
http://yfrog.com/9fn4gj
http://yfrog.com/msqhqj
http://yfrog.com/9hsi7j
http://yfrog.com/507oyj
http://yfrog.com/jkj7pj
http://yfrog.com/6ra1uj
http://yfrog.com/bfjojj
http://yfrog.com/hq1xhj

I've started running water on bits of the roof/chimney to find out
what is leaking, working my way up from the bottom. Nothing has come
through yet, but I do see another problem - see this video...

http://yfrog.com/modscn3310z

I'm going to give the company a ring tomorrow and give them a piece of
my mind.

Calum

What a bodge job this looks. I'd be inclined to put a complaint in
writing and recorded delivery and get an independent inspection.

Do you really want this lot back again?..
--
Tony Sayer