Posted to alt.home.repair
Ned Flanders[_2_] Ned Flanders[_2_] is offline

Default Ta-Da!

HeyBub wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 12, 3:59 pm, "Ralph wrote:
wrote in message

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:09:59 -0500,
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha
one could be made pretty easily.

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that
bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at
the dryer before doing this. All he is doing is using air to blow
the lint from the sides of the vent pipe. It has to go somewhere. What
does not go outside will go back to the dryer.

Watch both videos *and* scroll down the page.

As the hose is fed in, the air nozzle blows air backwards out of the
duct, not inwards towards the home's interior.

The website says "No lint enters the dryer or residence."

I'm not endorsing...just quoting.

When I lived in a condo (and sat on Council) we had all 129 drier
vents cleaned this way every few years. They never once damaged a
dryer.
I have tried unsuccessfully to fine a tip similar to the one the guy
used. The tip rotated (fairly rapidly) and directed the air back
towards the outside vent opening.

Found it! Only twenty bucks.
https://www.ductcleanersupply.com/sh...products_id=42

More, like "Forward" nozzles, etc.
https://www.ductcleanersupply.com/sh...keyword=nozzle

Thanks!

Although it is not exactly what the guy was using this looks like it
would do the job. I don't see a need in getting the clear hose, any
really flexible air hose should do.