Swingman

Default OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ - additional memories

"Ron Magen" wrote in message

What a bunch of whiners . . .

Hey, you got that ALL wrong, Bubba ... Soldiers who actually serve/fight
for their country when called upon to do so are damn well authorized to
whine all they want!

.... AAMOF, it's more or less expected that you do.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I did what I felt was right. Yes, I did make it to
SEA.

Nothing stupid about it, and my hat's off to you ... what was "right" to
many of us at the time was NOT to run or shirk a duty and obligation to
serve despite the fact that it was involuntary insofar as being a draftee.

AAMOF, about the only thing I ever saw right about the military, in any
fashion, was the inarguable fact the "citizen soldier" was who heretofore
fought the wars and made the whole damn mess work.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/29/03