Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default dust masks for spectacle wearers? UPDATE

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:45:23 +0100, PeterC
wrote:

Thanks for the report and link - wish I'd known about this a month ago!
Just been getting the old insulation out of the loft. The cheap, valved
masks work (judging by all the crap on the outside) but my specs misted up
and the goggles over them had water actually trickling down inside!
I just couldn't get the mask to seal fully around my nose; it seemed to be
OK for inhaling (good thing) but air came out and into the mask.

I forgot to add to my earlier reply that I also used this mask to work
with insulation and plaster dust.

I had exactly the same problems as you. If I wore glasses and valved
paper mask then my glasses steamed up and I couldn't see what I was
doing. That left a difficult decision: remove the mask and choke or
remove my glasses and still not be able to see what I was doing! I
struggled with the paper filters for far too long and wish I had
bought this one sooner. It looks huge when you remove it from the bag
but when you wear it, you almost don't realise it is there.