Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

Default Where can I get an old style non CARB 5-gal gasoline can?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:52:10 -0500, dpb wrote:

the current 5-gal plastic pails w/ the pour spout used
for motor/hydraulic/etc. oil would certainly hold gasoline as well.

This might be a good idea, if I understand you correctly.

I buy a oil-changing can with a pour spout, and then I fill the abominable
CARB gas can with gas.

When I need to pour out the five gallons, I remove the abominable CARB
spout, and just pour the 5 gallons of gasoline into the clean oil-changing
tub.

Then, I can pour from the oil-changing tub into the on-road vehicle or
wherever I need it at that moment without having to deal with the
abominable CARB spout.

Is that what you were suggesting? ('cuz it's a great idea!).