Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Worksharp for turning tools?

I'm curious about this system.. Any turners using it?

Two main questions:

Is it any improvement for sharpening turning tools over a low speed grinder and
a jig?

Does it generate more or less debris than conventional sharpening?
My shop is in the house, so my grinders are all outside on the carport..
The main reason for this is to keep metal shavings and sparks out of the house
and away from wood shaving, etc..

As the weather heats up and I'm looking at another summer of high heat and
humidity, I'm thinking it would be really nice to touch up tool edges inside, to
avoid the constant trips from air conditioned shop to hot/humid carport and
back..

Any experience with this thing??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing