Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Abby Sunderland Rescued!

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
On 6/12/2010 9:50 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
On 6/12/2010 8:15 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Dave In Texas wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...adlines&sub=AR

Dave in Houston

It remains to be seen whether she ASKED to be rescued.

She may be like the 101st Airborne at Bastonge when George Patton
drove up: "Who invited you to the party?"

She lit off her emergency beacons. That is Asking. If you say
'Nevermind!' when rescuers shows up they tend to get really honked!

Did she light them off or did they light themselves off? They are
designed to self-activate in an emergency you know.

What I read said she activated them. Which makes sense. She was
reportedly on the satellite phone and was cut off due to the
mast/antenna being carried away. Apparently an hour or so later both
beacons were activated.

The knockdown could have actuated them though--we don't know that the
dismasting was simultaneous with the satphone shutdown.

A lot of assumptions being made, and you know what "assume" does.

Uh, huh. Spent a fair amount of time in both corners.