Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default What's the trick to mowing grass on a steep hill with a gas pushmower

ransley wrote:
(snip)
A little creative landscaping might eliminate the need for mowing AND be
something to admire...sounds like a dangerous place to try to mow. In
my OR days, I saw quite a few people with mower injuries...always by
mower rolling back and grabbing some toes.

I did quite a bit of refining of the landscaping around our condo where
downspouts formerly washed out a lot of soil. Small areas, gradual
grades, but had been a real eyesore.- Hide quoted text -

I was almost a customer several times, you slip, mower moves by
itself.

Oh, I keep a close eye on the mower, and have never even had a close
call with it. The low-hanging branches and the damn ground bees have
nailed me a few times, though. Not much to be done about the bees, other
than kill the colony if I spot them first. But I really need to get out
the pruners and the toy electric chainsaw, and get medieval on those
trees. I can cut dead branches fine, but I feel guilty cutting blooming
ones- always afraid the tree will up and die on me (these trees are in
pretty sad shape), and if I cut when the leaves aren't out, I'm never
sure how much the branches will droop when fully loaded.

--
aem sends, glad he finished up mowing last night, since it is
August-muggy out there right now...