Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Recent spam via AIOE

On 6/12/2010 7:35 AM Smitty Two spake thus:

In article ,
PeterD wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:09:24 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
UCLAN wrote:

All the recent spam here seems to have been posted through aioe.org.

Aioe.org does nothing to stop spammers and nonsense posters. For that
reason, they are quite popular with spammers, etc. That is why I have
plocked all posts from aioe.

You'd do better to block all gmail posts - that's where the
majority originate.

When I blocked all gmail posts my spam counts dropped by about 85% or
more. Every once in a while I miss a useful post, but usually someone
will reply and quote the original post and I will see it.

gmail isn't the problem, it's googlegroups. The fact that some
googlegroupers have gmail email accounts has nothing to do with it.
Filtering Message ID for "googlegroups" targets the spam much more
accurately.

However, in the case of the spam being discussed here, *neither*
blocking Google Groups nor gmail would have any effect, as this
particular asshole is posting through aioe.org and *not* using gmail
addresses.