Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Triton dowel machine.

On Jun 12, 5:52*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Upscale" wrote in message

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:05:30 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

Probably comes with a jig attachment for shelf pins, too.

That might be a handy tool if some sort of incremental jig attachment
was formulated for shelf pins, except for the cost of the tool over a
simple jig.

I've always just marked shelf pin holes with a ruler and pencil and
then gone at them with a forstner bit and a piece of tap to indicate
depth. Guess I'm too cheap to buy a manufactured jig of some sort.
Admittedly, I've been fortunate not to blast through some project
coming out the finished side.

I have been using this jig and bit assy. since before 1998. *Pick one up
while you are getting your Domino. *;~)

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...lf%20pin%20jig....

Naa, I'll do it the old-fashioned way:
http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/features.htm