Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Triton dowel machine.

"Leon" wrote in message

"Paul T." wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:31:53 -0500, Leon wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Opinions, please.
NOT a Domino, but look at the price!
Credible manufacturer to boot.

http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...TITEM=TC500DWL

Does not show up at tritontools.com BUT I wonder how far apart the
drill are.. May not be suitable for face frames or rail and stile
cabinet doors.

Web site that I found lists the drills has being 32mm between centers.

Yeah, that would be a bit too wide for face frames. 32mm OC is about
1.25" OC and then add at least .25" for the radius of the two dowels and
if not perfectly centered on a 1.5" wide face frame you would have a blow
out on one side or the other. I'd say a minimum of 2" for the face
frames.

AAMOF the face frames in my kitchen are 1.75", it would not have worked on
them.