Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1737 Ignoramus1737 is offline

Default Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop?

On 2010-06-12, Existential Angst wrote:
"Ignoramus1737" wrote in message
Appx. 22 years ago, as patr of my school curriculum, I underwent a
vocational class that culminated with me getting a lathe operator's
license.

I loved the class, though when we visited the actual factory where I
was told people with my training work, I realized that higher
education was the way to go.

Without that class, I am sure that I would not end up with a garage
full of machine tools.

Funny thing about "higher" education:
You can't do a goddamm thing with it, in actuality, but it does open
doors, ups the salary ante.
Higher ed is like a mental hazing.
The most useless people on earth are Manhattan's higher-educated echelon.
But, with pretty good paychecks.

Why, I respectfully disagree. I use a bunch of things I learned in
higher ed, at work.