Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop?

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Ignoramus1737" wrote in message
Appx. 22 years ago, as patr of my school curriculum, I underwent a
vocational class that culminated with me getting a lathe operator's
license.

I loved the class, though when we visited the actual factory where I
was told people with my training work, I realized that higher
education was the way to go.

Without that class, I am sure that I would not end up with a garage
full of machine tools.

Funny thing about "higher" education:
You can't do a goddamm thing with it, in actuality, but it does open
doors, ups the salary ante.
Higher ed is like a mental hazing.
The most useless people on earth are Manhattan's higher-educated echelon.
But, with pretty good paychecks.
--
EA

I assume you're talking about financial execs. Actually, they're very
useful, if a greedy lot by nature. The trouble is there are so many crooks
among them.

Otherwise, Manhattan's "higher-educated echelon," in business, the arts,
publishing, and so on are mostly useful. That's why they're paid well.

--
Ed Huntress