Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Auto Body metal working

RogerN wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
RogerN wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
snip
Here is the cheapest way to paint your vehicle that I can think of.

http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html

--
Steve W.
(\___/)

RogerN

Did you check out the 3D pictures he has on the site? Those are neat.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)

I tried to but lost my patients trying to get my eyes out of focus. I get
is maybe 60% there and then my eyes go back to seeing 2 flat pictures.

Years ago (~30) I built a plastic model F-16 and used a slow drying thinner
with Testors enamel, don't remember if it was turpentine or mineral spirits,
anyway the paint flowed out smooth before drying and it was the slickest
looking paint I ever seen on a plastic model. I like how the guy breaks all
the rules, cheap paint, rolls on, cheap thinner, and get results equal or
better than most do with spray. Of course you have to consider that
Rustoleum doesn't have the color availability of the automotive paints, but
it would be fun to try a metallic thinned with mineral spirits and applied
with rollers. No overspray, minimal need to mask, doesn't need ~10+ CFM
compressor to paint, if a respirator was still required it seems the filters
would last much longer.

RogerN

Nobody seems to have noticed how many times he sanded the entire car!

That job took at least a man-week.

--

Richard Lamb