Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Where can I get an old style non CARB 5-gal gasoline can?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Brent wrote:
Where can I get an old style non CARB compliant 5-gal gasoline can?

I pine for the days when 5-gallong gas jugs had a pour spout and a
vent. All the gasoline cans I can find in the stores are something
called "CARB compliant". They are miserable abominations.

You may be tempted to modify your new-style can so that it actually
works. I betcha there is a significant sanction, like jail, fine, and/or
flailing, if you do so.

It's for the children.

They will make them so safe that people will go back to using glass
milk jugs for the gas.

Heh! Those are harder to find than metal gas cans. However,

Empty bleach jugs work well.

But to solve the original problem: If you can snuggle the mower up next to
the car, there are siphon hoses that can defeat the filling-hose interlock
business on the gas tank.