Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_3_] Sunworshipper[_3_] is offline

Default Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 09:36:12 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

When I was in school, these were every boy's favorite, and almost the
only useful education we got.

I would say litigation.

Last fall I got one of those square work benches from shop class with
the slots for boards to pull out (can't recall what they are use for,
but there are about 8) and 8 drawers. Has to be from a school, I had
to put blocks under the legs cause it was way too short. That has to
be the best dollar I've spent, only problem was it was in a basement
EEE. Some day I'll get a picture of it on line. Oh even the drawers
are numbered and some are in the teens.

SW