Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop?

wrote in message
When I was in school, these were every boy's favorite, and almost the
only useful education we got.

Indeed.

And the answer to the Q is:
Because everyone wants to be a fuknStockbroker.
Better to be the one doing the ****ing.

Spent an embarrassing number of years in the academic dog'n'pony show, the
only two things I ever used was Newton's law, and the pythagorean theorem,
and I lernt those in the 9th grade.

Apparently some tenured professors agree, as they basically said ****
Research, and had their students making meth et al.
And then got pretty ****ed at the trial judge.
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/04/ny...1?pagewanted=1

Well, I guess in this case, organic chem principles would be more useful
than Newton's Laws -- acid-catalyzed hydrolysis, etc.
--
EA