Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
baron baron is offline

Default DAB signal booster.

ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

Does anyone have schematic/plans for a Band III (175 - 240MHz)
antenna booster?

Thanks.

65Mhz ! Thats a pretty big bandwidth to cover.

Is Band III still used for TV in the US?

I don't know ! The guy that will know is Michael in SED.
By the way, do do know that I'm not in the USA. I'm just up the road
from you. :-)

A google search turned up a few results, but mostly bipolar - most of
the bipolars I have with adequate fT are in scrap TV tuners, they're a
bit fragile!

I do have a small stash of SMD medium power bipolars, but they weren't
cheap.

BFR91's are good up there.

What I had in mind was something simple with a BF991, the plan is to
re-radiate from the communal aerial who's socket is diametrically
opposite the radio and no easy way to route a cable.

You might find that phase differences in the direct and re-radiated
signals cause problems.

The walls are plastered on steel mesh, so the room is pretty much a
faraday cage - no chance of feedback to the master aerial.

Mmm I've never seen that done in a domestic property. Its usually only
the corners that have a steel edging strip. The only other time that
I've seen steel used, is as re-enforcing in prefabricated concrete
construction or the old style window and door frames.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.