Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Auto Body metal working

"Steve W." wrote in message
snip

HMM, I just pulled up about 75 rear bumpers with covers within 100 miles
of my shop in NY.

Which year do you need? 94-97 are interchangeable.
Color?

How about state and close zip. I can punch it into Mitchell and see what
shows for that area.

OR try
Car-Part.com Enter the year make and model, then for the part you want
to search for Bumper Assy (Rear) includes cover.

--
Steve W.

I have just been searching in Google but keep getting auto parts stores that
don't seem to have the parts I need. In the wreck my wife was swerving to
avoid a head on and the truck hit the rear quarter panel, smashing it flat,
and tore the bumper off from the side.

I am in Southern Illinois at zip code 62832. The color is white, but I
don't mind painting if I can find the right paint for the plastic bumper
cover. Do distant scrap yards ship parts? I'm hoping to find something
close.

Right now I'm pricing to see if it's worth fixing but I did get it drivable
but not legal without the bumper and tail lights. I found people wanting to
buy it for $175 for scrap but I can take it to the recycler myself. Just
seem a shame to waste a good car over a bumper, rear quarter panel, and tail
lights.

I've been bending the smashed quarter panel back into shape with a 4-ton
hydraulic porta power type body straightened. I have the metal functionally
in place, might need some tweaks to hold the tail light correctly.

Thanks

RogerN