Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT English, serious question

Roger Shoaf wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

When I entered high school I was informed, "No male will ever work in
my library" by a 65 year old librarian.

So how did you get rid of the old hag?

I didn't. I started a ham radio club, instead. I was the only one
in the club without a ticket, but I was the best tech there. I got our
school newspaper to write a small article about the club, and to ask for
donations of unwanted electronics. I repaired about half of it with
salvaged parts, and we sold it to raise money to equip the station. I
had about 20 left over repaired TVs when we finished, so the club
donated them to the school.

The next year I was a teacher's aid for the Electronics one course,
and my senior year I taught an evening small appliance repair course to
adults.

BTW, years later I had that school system under contract for all
their electronic repairs, and most of the donated TVs were still in use.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.