Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default dust masks for spectacle wearers? UPDATE

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:42:45 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Tell us what you think when you have tried it!

Some time ago I was asking about dust masks that didn't steam up your
glasses. I had read some old posts here in which the late Mr Hall
recommended replaceable 3m filters, but I was confused about which of
the many filters I needed, so I never got round to buying any.

Then John Rumm recommended this 3m mask:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/13038/...IRATOR-_-13038

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I have been using it occasionally for
a couple of months now and wanted to say that now I have had some
experience of it, I thoroughly recommend it. Just as John said, it
will not steam up your glasses, so anyone who, like me, was not sure
about spending the money, do go ahead and buy one.

It does look a bit strange when you get it out of the bag: there's a
funny head strap that goes on top of your head but in use, the mask is
very comfortable.

The only "problem" I have had is that there is a second strap that
fastens around the back of your head and I sometimes find it is too
low and presses on my neck. I wish I could work out how and where you
are supposed to fasten that comfortably.

HTH