Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Respirator filters - what's in them?

John Whitworth wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

I also remember reading of some research with hay fever sufferers
wearing a full helmet respirator for a couple of hours a day.
Apparently the complete relief from pollen etc also proved effective
for much longer than just the spell of use.

I can well believe that - I guess complete relief from symptoms for a
couple of hours gives eyes, nose and throat a chance to simmer right
down, and prevent a lot of the inflammation that also causes irritation.

Yes. I remember a drive in a Corsa..with pollen filter..after 2 hours I
could breathe again.

its a neat trick. Use the aircon and the fan with the windows closed in
hot weather to get relief.

Oddly enough, another trick that works for me is to drive to Norfolk.
the sandy soil supports different grasses to which I am less
susceptible, I conjecture, (with no other evidence to support it) ;-)