Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Craftsman Tools at Ace Hardware

On 2010-06-11, J. Clarke wrote:

doing is knowing when you need a premium-quality expensive tool and when
something from Harbor Fright will be adequate to the task at hand.

Bingo!

I have some Craftsman hand tools. Their screw/nut drivers are damn
good. Can't beat their tool boxes for the price. Likewise their deep
sockets when on sale. OTOH, I'm no longer making a living as a
mechanic and have seen hard times causing me to sell off many of my
better tools. Life goes on. Lesser brands are now enough.

Work with tools long enough and you will discover no one brand of tool
is the best across their line. All of Snap-On's tools are rebranded
from other suppliers. Their measuring tapes are Lufkin, which I will
not buy. Their wrenches used to be made by Bonney, which is no longer
in business. Many other great tool brands like Williams and Utica are
no more. Things change. Life goes on. If a tool works for you,
that's good enough. If it breaks, don't buy another. Pretty simple.

nb