Posted to uk.d-i-y
geraldthehamster[_2_] geraldthehamster[_2_] is offline

Default Respirator filters - what's in them?

On 11 June, 14:07, jkn wrote:
On Jun 10, 5:29*pm, John Rumm wrote:

I also remember reading of some research with hay fever sufferers
wearing a full helmet respirator for a couple of hours a day. Apparently
the complete relief from pollen etc also proved effective for much
longer than just the spell of use.

And also down a salt mine, which have very low levels on airborne
pollutants and allergens

I was describing my symptoms today to a friend who suffers from
asthma, and he left me wondering if I have adult-onset asthma myself
(I'm 50), brought on in this case by naphtha fumes. I'm going to see
my doctor on Monday, anyway. He loves it when I self-diagnose from the
internet ;-)

Cheers
Richard