Doug Winterburn

Default OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 02:18:57 -0500, Silvan wrote:

Swingman wrote:

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

The evening I quit, I finished
almost 4 packs of cigarets for the day, and that was not far above the

norm.
Even at 90 cents a pack, that was getting costly.

I hope you come through that OK, Charlie. Some people die of lung cancer at
50 without ever lighting a butt, and other people smoke five packs a day
until age 103. You just never really know. I personally think the risk is
blown way out of proportion, but then as an active smoker, and a young man
besides, you'd expect me to think that.

My Grandpappy smoked unfiltered Camels till his dying day at 86 years of
age from prostate cancer. My Pappy never smoked and died at 89 years of
age from colon cancer. My mom smoked for about 30 years, then quit. She's
still going (though rather slowly) at age 91. You just never know, but
smoking can't be good for you. I smoked for 30+ years before quiting and
don't have any detectable health problems - yet.

-Doug