Lionel

Default OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ - additional memories

During WW II (not the Forrest blade) pants buttons were often made of
cardboard. After a few washings they'd fold and your fly would pop open.

I used to sort the rationing stamps in my father's grocery store. Because
of the business we had a "B" gas rationing decal on our windshield. Most
people had an "A" and my father wouldn't use more than an "A" decal rated
because he said he never used the car for business.

I was at a dance (my mother made my sisters take me) when the high school
football hero broke down and cried because he was declared 4-F at his
physical and couldn't enlist.

Now people think they're patriotic if they stick a bumper sticker on their
car and talk about being at war.

Lionel
We didn't have dirt until I was almost ten. Who knew it was going to be a
big thing?
Take the dog out before sending email.

"Howard" wrote in message
otforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

In NY State, no sales tax until about '65, introduced at 4%, IIRC, thanks

Nellie Rockefeller, governor for far too long.

12. Gas wars -- Econotane at 11 cents/gal

--
Howard Lee Harkness
Texas Certified Concealed Handgun Instructor

Low-cost Domain Registration and Hosting!
www.Texas-Domains.com