Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,sci.engr.control,sci.electronics.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Humidity Detecting Switch

wrote:
I've seen $250 humidity detecting fans (Broan?). I have a timer on my bath
fans, and motion detectors on my hallway lights (installed when my dad was
dying), so I can't believe they can't make a wall switch which detects
humidity. ANyone see one? Couldn't find one with google. Besides the
bathrooms, I'd wonder if I can't have one for the house when I'm away and
don't want to have the heat or cool on just to prevent mildew. I hadn't used
cooling in years and the upstairs duct perspired onto my ceiling.

I bought 2 army surplus one years ago, high quality stuff! I used it to
totally rebuild a donut proofing box because none of the original parts
were available. (the donut proofing box circulates warm humid air
around the raw donuts so they rise without drying out). A fan, a
stainless steel container like in a salad bar with a generic water
heating element installed in it, the humidistat, and a larger container
of water to siphon water in the small "boiler". Sorry I can't recall
where I bought them.