Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts chaniarts is offline

Default Light, strong, not springy, wood for a skateboard?

John Doe wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

Rolls of thin wood to make your own plywood.

Yeah, that would be nice. The only plywood I could find at Lowe's
was five ply (or maybe even just three ply, whatever it was). Of
course there are other hardware stores.

The curved deck was developed over years of riding. Easier when
skating.

Yeah, I can see that. I will probably have to adjust what I got.

Use quality trucks and mounting system. They save ankles.

I received two Randal trucks today, the narrowest and the widest,
from their website. I need only one truck, but the unused truck
will provide lots of spare parts and a different angle base plate
that is interchangeable. They look very good compared to a $20
skateboard truck. They also sell some floating axle type of truck
for $120 US, but the electric scooter I am making right now is
just a prototype and for my own personal use.

http://www.roarockit.com/