Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Abby Sunderland - Uh oh...

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:38:26 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
Very true in that *if* everyone decided to task the forces, it would be
overbearing, but in reality that never happens. It's always put forward as
a fear, but that fear never materializes. Sorta makes it a moot point.

Not really. Indulgent behavior is rampant in most societies. Much of
that indulgent behavior is putting great strain on systems such as the
medical system ~ everywhere around the world. Not everybody is
similarly indulgent, but there's enough evidence in the developed
societies to state categorically that it's a serious, soon to be
catastrophic problem.

It may never happen, but 'Soylent Green' is always just lurking around
the corner. We as a species sit and wait for technology to solve
everything. Suspect we will continue to wait for a long, long, time.
While we're waiting, we indulge ourselves ~ an indulgence which is
certainly an untenable habit.