Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10537 Ignoramus10537 is offline

Default Is this a tachometer?

On 2010-06-09, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus8975 wrote:

I am reading about AMC drives and how they are supposed to be
connected to tachometers for feedback.

And my question is, is this thing with brushes and wires a tachometer?

http://tinyurl.com/25zwke9

I don't think so. If it was a tach, I believe you would only see two brushes. That is
based on the limited number of servo motors I've had a part. I could be wrong.

I will look a little closer. I thought that the wires were too think
to carry the main motor current. I will try to find out for sure
tonight.

Did you resolve it?

Wes, yes, I am 100% certain that it is a tachometer. 9.5 volts per
1000 RPM.