Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default More updates on the Bridgeport conversion project

Karl, would you say the same thing about all those safety relays and
such? Just rip out everything and redo everything? Or just the amps?

I am sorry for being a little redundant. I want to make sure that I do
not do anything rash and stupid.

If you don't want to do anything stupid, then don't do anything at all!

I'm an empty box guy. Rip it all out. Inspect components to see if you want
to re use. Wire number all the wires going out to sensors and devices. Keep
a spread sheet of wire number and function (way quicker that doing a EE
drawing) All wires go between two devices, so I keep device 1, pin#, device
2, pin#, wire number, color, voltage, function on each line. All my 24 volt
dc is blue, my 5 volt red, my 10 volt orange, common white. I keep all the
AC completely separate and use red, yellow, back for hot, white common,
green ground.

Start building your machine and maintain that spreadsheet. When I'm done the
machine is duck easy for future maintenance. And, The time I waste by
putting the same components back in is more than saved with good docs and a
better layout in the cabinet.

Karl