Posted to uk.d-i-y
mark mark is offline

Default Is it worth buying expensive screws?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/06/2010 19:31, Tim Watts wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:42:23 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
wibbled:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Stephen Gower
saying something like:

Something tells me these might be a bit too expensive for general use:

http://kiameku.tumblr.com/post/67645...e-good-detail-

length-27-cm
http://kiameku.tumblr.com/post/67643...as-good-as-it-

gets-detail-2008-18

(aka http://bit.ly/c3l7tf and http://bit.ly/c3l7tf )

Crapotastic!

You'd think they'd mount it in a block of polished teak with embossed
brass and a velvet lining.

You have to marvel at the crap some people come up with though... For
starters they look no better than a bog standard pasivated posi screw.
Secondly gold or white gold would seem to have exactly all the wrong
attributes desirable for a screw anyway! Soft, ductile, marks easily,
would probably twist off in the wood!

and that diamond in the middle won't help locate the screwdriver.

mark