Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike[_7_] mike[_7_] is offline

Default Dandy paint roller cleaner

On Jun 10, 1:55*pm, Fred wrote:
Hi,

has anyone bought any of these? I've seen them on ebay. They fit a
roller on the end of a drill and spin the excess paint off. There's
another one for paint brushes. Are they any good? Do they do what they
say?

The instructions say to use an old drill to spin the roller over a
dustbin. Why an old drill? Does the paint splatter everywhere? Is it
just to keep the paint off your shiny new drill? If so, I guess I'll
either need to design some spray guard or buy a cheap silverline or
aldi drill.

TIA

Used both. They're very good. Just hold the roller/brush in an old
bucket or cardboard box to catch the ejected paint. I think the only
reason they mention an old drill is so you can leave the spinner in
there and save the faff of putting it in and out of your regular drill
- but it certainly doesn't make a mess of the drill.

Just one caveat - don't use brushes with soft grip rubber coated
handles. I had a couple of these from Wickes and they were an
absolute sod to pull out from pair of springs that the Dandy uses to
hold the brush. Bog standard wooden handled ones work fine.

Shame they don't make one for a paint pad though (how would that
work?) - I'd rather use a pad than a roller and they seem to take
gallons of water to clean out.

Search the archive for more comments - they've been discussed before.